My hobbies are drawing, Modifying cars, Clothing, Hanging out with friends and shopping. I am a friendly person, Very outgoing, like to meet new people, very focused and down to earth. I like to learn from my own mistakes, i take aspects from others, but mostly just like to work by myself.
In 2008 I started the national Diploma in Fashion And Clothing, I am enjoying every single aspect of the course, especially all the new techniques i have learnt and now appreciating how much effort it takes to create one garment, from initial ideas to the final construction. I've been drawing and designing from since i can remember and to now actually be doing a course which i can bring my ideas to reality, is amazing and i love it.
I chose to do fashion because it has always been a interes
t of mine. Whether it be from when i was younger and was just accessorising clothes or adding bits onto my school uniform which wasn't really appreciated at the time.. But i just hated to be plain.
I like to make my work as arty as i can, Being an art student for 2 years before doing fashion its kind of stuck to me a little bit so i like the research side, Because you can do all sorts to it to make it come together. The most recent project we have done is the 'deconstruction
n jacket project'. Which i have thoroughly enjoyed, Doing everything the complete opposite way round it just really drew me in and i really enjoyed it it was really creative. I liked the sketch book side of it also, because you could make it up however we wanted, To show off out skills and to show off how we brough
t it all together.
Out of all the projects ive done on this course, The deconstruction jacket project is my favorite. It introduced so many new techniques and everything was different, and i was able to work independantly with it which i loved, Because i am a very independant person when it comes to doing work. I am/ was very pleased with my sketch book, I thought it bought a real feel to the project and the turn out was amazing, I got a merit for it which i was very pleased a
bout. I love designing and doing illistrations, Finding loads of research and being able to put it all together in a way like this, i find it so interesting. My deconstruction jacket, looks desconstructed, which is what i was aiming for. It bares alot of flesh.. But is very structured and secure, with small corsetting on the back, because its backless, I had to create new pattern pieces to go with the original to make this work which was pretty simple. Its sleevless, so i turned up where the sleeves would have been to make the white inside of the jacket come out, which contrasts well. Theres a tie at the front bottom and that makes sure it wont hang off the body of whoever is wearing it. My inspiration was the hilary swank dress in the oscars, i saw it on TV once and that got me loving backless garments, so i thought ide bring it into this project seeing as i could deconstruct this jacket into whatever style i wanted, so i used it to my advantage.
The 2nd project i liked the most was the gingham gathers, This project was aimed to make a summer dress out of gingham, in particular colours. I had trouble with making this project, it took me a couple of goes, Because at the time i was away ill so i missed some important techniques, so the 2nd go i had to do at home and not in college time, With no maniquin, no help. But i was able to do it and it turned out well.
I went for a very girly 'bow peep' look with mine. With lace and it being very flary and light. Again with the V front like with the jacket, I used a burgandy lining with it, My gingham was a different colour to everyone elses because i had to go get it myself away from college time. The fastening is lace, They do up tight into little bows at the front, along with the gingham and silk cotten fabric i used
as lining as a tie up belt which holds in the waist and makes the dress go out more at the bottom. The dress is halter neck, I really liked the outcome of this project, it turned out how i wanted it to. My inspiration was 'Cheap vs Chic' - Moshino'. This collection was very inspiring, Taking something cheap, and making it chic with the right accessories and the right way of wearing it. 
No comments:
Post a Comment